There are several types of injuries and accidents that affect people physically and financially in Colorado. They can be a dog bite, workplace accident, vehicle accident or medical malpractices. Here are the kinds of top personal injury cases in Colorado Springs.
- Auto accidents:
Every year, Colorado’s auto accidents or motor vehicle injuries increase at an alarming rate. From the year 2015 to 2016, the rate of auto accidents increased to sixteen per cent. There are both fatal and significant injuries in those auto accidents.
Here are the reasons why the accidents might happen:
- Careless driving: some consider themselves very experienced drivers. So they chat, talk, argue while driving.
- Drunk driving: a widespread practice among teenagers. They consider it “cool” but can prove fatal.
- Speeding beyond the limit: there’s a speed limit everywhere. But some people tend to ignore it, or is it their eyesight?
- Racing with other vehicles: young people treat roads like race tracks. Unqualified for racing, they are also unfit for driving.
- Not wearing seatbelts or helmets: seatbelts or helmets are considered uncomfortable. Comfort sometimes costs lives.
- Inexperienced drivers: they are too careful or not careful at all. The latter is more dangerous.
Here are the things you might want to keep in mind after an auto accident.
- Call 911:
- Gather information at site:
- Seek medical help
- Try and recover expenses:
- Workplace accidents:
This also includes a secure environment. An environment they can work and protect themselves. On average, thirteen workers die every day in the United States of America. There was over two thousand workplace fatality in the year 2019-20.
There are two types of accidents in the workplace:
- Fatal injuries
- Non-fatal injuries
The compensation of a worker is an essential obligation for the authority. Avoiding that can cause fines, even jails for the employers.
Here are the things that an employer has to cover:
- Medical expenses
- Regular wages
- Death benefits: claimed by the deceased family.
- Dog bites:
In Colorado, a civilian can file a lawsuit against the dog owner at risk of their health. There are several conditions attached to it.
Here are the reasons why a dog owner can be fined:
- There was no safety sign on your property in case of a violent dog.
- The dog wasn’t leashed while you were away from your place.
- The dog wasn’t vaccinated.
Here are the reasons why the lawsuit will be nullified:
- If you are trespassing the owner’s private properties
- There is a sign put up
- When it a military dog performing its duties
- Provoking the dog
- If you are a professional working with dogs
The expenses for dog bites are:
- Medical bills
- Counselling bills
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of future earnings
- Lack of earning capability
- Damage of property
- Medical malpractice:
Not just doctors, this lawsuit can be filed against anybody in the healthcare business. Nurses, physiologists, hospitals, clinics, etc., can be sued for fines or punishment.
Here are the reasons why a victim can charge a healthcare provider with medical malpractice lawsuit:
- Negligence while providing for medical care, for any reason
- Caused any injury because of performing treatment to the victim
There are things that the compensation from the provider will cover. This is:
- Medical expenses
- Future expenses
- Therapy sessions
- Suffering from the victim
To avoid such circumstances, you need to be very careful, as a lawsuit will not change your life. It’ll be merely compensation. But this will definitely save others from making a mistake.
The Law office of John J Donohoe in Colorado Springs is specialized in personal injury cases is here to help you with your case. Please give us a call at 719-636-3551 to discuss your issue and see how we can help.